But, I decided to experiment a little, and bought these NYX ones. And am I glad I did. These are the best eye pencils I’ve ever had.
So, here’s the review. And I’m going to keep it small.
Price: Rs. 100/ $1.99 (on cherryculture.com).
Buy in bulk here: http://stores.ebay.com/JOYs-cosmetics/slim-eye-pencil-/_i.html?_fsub=1160936016&_sid=91711236&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322. They have some amazing prices.
Also available at Hypercity and Empire Stores in Bangalore (Rs. 295/$6.50)
It doesn’t look as vibrant because I’m using it over the NYX jumbo pencil in iced mocha which kind of dilutes the color. But used over a matte base, looks as vibrant as in the swatch.
- Super pigmented. Applies without any effort. Glides like a dream.
- Great price. Cheaper than so many of the other drugstore eye pencils.
- Amazing range of colors. I think they have about 40 shades. And I love how vibrant the colors are.
- Great staying power. I’ve had it on the whole day with just a tiny amount of fading. But they’re quite creamy. So, I’m not sure how they’ll fare on oily lids. But nothing a primer can’t fix.
- You can smudge it to create a smoky look.
- It actually stays on my waterline. Something no other color eye pencil has ever done.
- The size of the pencil is quite small. And since they are so creamy, you need to sharpen more often. But for the price, I think its hardly a complaint.
- I don’t have a habit of rubbing my eyes. But if you do, its going to smudge like crazy.