According to Oriflame Beauty, the new Lash Extreme Mascara is a high-performance mascara that combines nature and science to visibly plump lashes by 600% in just one stroke. A six-edged brush from Geka Brush allows even more mascara to be deposited in a smooth, clump-free manner, traveling through the lashes one by one, according to the Swedish direct seller. Long bristles separate and lengthen the eyelashes while shorter bristles build extra depth and bold volume. Lash Extreme is formulated with Acacia gum and D-panthenol, which helps maintain moisture levels and generate sheen and luster.
They have the mascara in 3 colors: black, brown and blue. I bought the brown one. I still haven’t experimented with different colors in mascara. I’ve always thought blue lashes would look a little extreme.
Sooo, coming back to the mascara….
Price: Rs. 329/- for 8ml.
What I think: The packaging is pretty standard. It comes in a regular tube. The mascara has a very creamy texture, like a gooey substance. It just glides on to your eyelashes when you apply it. The applicator is really nice. It allows for a very even application. I can even get to the inner corner. The creaminess does make it a little messy sometimes. When I try applying it on the lower lashes, it ends up smearing on my lower lash line.
If you’re someone who already has very nice and long lashes and just need a mascara to darken your lashes, then this is a good one. It’s more suitable for a natural look. But for the price, I think there are cheaper alternatives to a mascara that does nothing.
· Creamy texture.
· Lasting Power. I used this sometimes to college and it lasted throughout the day.
· Long Shelf Life. I’ve has this tube for about 4 months now and it has shown no signs of drying up. It is just as creamy as it was the day I bought it. This is definitely a pro since I use it rarely and it won’t end up being a waste of my money. That thing is gonna last forever.
· Applicator. The comb’s bristles are slightly apart which helps to separate out the lashes. And the brush is thin which makes it easier to get the roots.
· No clumping.
· It doesn’t meet up to its promise of volume or length.
· It’s not waterproof. So crying is out of the question.
· It comes of pretty easily. I use the oriflame cleansing milk to take it off.
· Too pricey for a product that doesn’t do what it says it will.
My verdict: It was a complete waste of my money. But since it seems it’s gonna last forever, I’m not that upset. I use it occasionally when I’m in the mood for a natural look.
P.S. I'm sorry if the pictures aren't great quality. My camera battery died and i had to take the pics on my phone.