This was requested by Poohkie. So here goes.
This is the first Maybelline quad that I bought. I had gone looking for the Chai Latte quad but ended up buying the Time for Wine one, since I thought these colors were so much more beautiful. My friend liked the quad so much on me that she scammed it off me. But I really love this quad. So ended up buying it again yesterday.
Price: Rs. 240/-
This is the photo of my quad. It looks used cos i used it the second I brought it home.
I had to edit the photo a little in photoshop so that it would show the colors properly. But this is what it looks like. Though I’m sorry the brow bone color doesn’t show properly.
These are the swatches.
From top-to-bottom: outer corner, crease, lid, brow-bone.
The lid color is matte light beige kind of color. The crease color is a really nice shimmery plumish color. And the outer corner color is a burgundy-brown color which is quite shimmery. The brow bone color is a very very shimmery light pink color. I never use it for highlighting.
The colors are really pigmented, though the brow bone color is really sheer. I like the beige color for the lid. The color is a few shades lighter than my skin tone and adds to the natural look. The crease color is really pretty. For a night look, I sometimes use the crease color on the lid and the outer corner color on the crease. The brow bone color is not completely useless. I like the color, so I use the color all over my lid. It goes perfectly with my pink clothes. You do have to sweep it a few times for it show though.
The darker colors are really pigmented, so you have to use a very light hand when doing a daily look.
You absolutely HAVE to use a primer or the colors won’t show. I use a homemade eye primer. Just mix equal amounts of your foundation and a body cream. Use a body butter or a thick cream like the Nivea body cream, otherwise your primer will be of a thin constituency like your foundation. I used a lakme foundation that i had lying around that i never use. Store it in an old lip balm jar or something similar. Keeping it in the fridge for a few hours will make it thicker. I use this and it works absolutely fine for me. I cannot afford expensive primers. You can use the NYX jumbo pencil in nude as an alternative. I tried one of my friends and it works great.
- I love the colors. They’re all wearable.
- They’re very durable. For me, they easily last for 6-7 hours.
- The pigmentation is good and the color payoff is nice. I have a dusky complexion and the colors are quite pigmented on me.
- It blends quite easily.
- The slim packaging makes it easy to carry around.
- The foam applicators are quite usable, though i personally like using my own brushes.
- The help guide on the back is quite useful for beginners.
- The price is irresistible.
- The quad is quite versatile. You can use combinations of the colors to create different looks.
- The brow bone color can be a bit of a disappointment. Its too shimmery and sheer and most people don’t like that.
- The packaging is cheap plastic. So you have to be careful when you’re carrying it around in your bag or you might crack the plastic. For the price, I can live with it though.
I wish Maybelline would come out with more of these quads in India. I’ve heard such great reviews about the Natural Smokes, Charcoal Smokes, Sunlit Bronze, Amethyst Smokes etc quads. I would have really liked to have been able to try those out too.
I would definitely buy these again. I am sooo in love with it.